Friday, February 18, 2011

No more Titles

Today I've finished my Title quests. Well, not really, I still got the Rank 3 Intelligence Quest to do but I gotta kill 10 mobs of Deathless, Crypt Guards and something else and I'm surely not gonna do them like I did the previous ones. I've only done the title quest because I had my Greataxes skill to grind (I also got the Mastery already!). This way, killing low-end mobs can be kinda profitable if you take into account the 2k-3k prize you get and the bonus itself. BUT anyway, this title quest are very grindy and, more important, very uninspired.
We're all used to the "Kill X goblins" quest and they're an easy and quick way to get something done for some players but Quest, Title or not, should be better and funnier. Right now, there's not a lot of tools to create better quests but despite that, they can be improved. There could some kind of choice involved, puzzle solving and some other stuff. Darkfall has the potential to become a great game but for that to happen, there are many things that need to be improved and a lot of content to be added. Title Quest are surely one of those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment