Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Trust Issues

I've had a bad experience toda and it ilustrates perfectly what I wrote in this Darkfall Forum thread. I was going to the bank in Red Moon to get gold to buy some racial and melee skills when I see a fellow mahirim in there. I was mounted so I think: Do i dismount and unspawn here, far away? And I think, bah, it's mahirim capitol and it'll be a second, that blue player is not going to steal my mount. But, just after I dismount, as if he was waiting, he steals it and leaves. He said "that's how the game is" and I answer "No, it's how you play it". There is a trend between some gamers in which you have to be the most-whatever character. Lots of people play looking to be the most efficient character instead of just playing and having fun. So, now, that you can steal someone mount without penalty, lots of people do it. Soon, I hope, the new alignment system will punish these kind of action and they'll stop doing that.
Well, I don't know, I play for fun. Probably I'll never steal an allied's horse, it's just my way of playing. On the other hand, this "everyone is an enemy" ambient may change my mind. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment